Old 06-04-2015, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jo -arizona Jo -arizona is offline

Default Crystal like bugs on cascalote tree

replying to zgraf , Jo -arizona wrote:
zgraf wrote:

I live in the AZ desert and have a Cascalote tree [Caesalpinia
cacalaco] that my local nursery planted. It's approx. 8 feet tall x 8
feet wide. It was beautiful when it was planted four months ago, but
the tree is not doing well now. The leaves are turning yellow, and
leaves are falling off big time. I'm wondering if I might be over-
watering it (what are the symptoms of over-watering a tree???) Also,
some of the leaves seem to have little specks of a white crystalline
substance on them -- it kind of looks like rock salt. Is that a sign
of an insect problem? Thank you for any information.
-john

Try power hosing the entire tree every few days. This aids in controlling
them. I also recommend spraying with a general purpose pesticide once a
week for two to three weeks.