Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Crystal like bugs on cascalote tree

Jo -arizona wrote:
replying to zgraf , Jo -arizona wrote:
zgraf wrote:

I live in the AZ desert and have a Cascalote tree [Caesalpinia
cacalaco] that my local nursery planted. It's approx. 8 feet tall x
8 feet wide. It was beautiful when it was planted four months ago,
but the tree is not doing well now. The leaves are turning yellow,
and leaves are falling off big time. I'm wondering if I might be
over- watering it (what are the symptoms of over-watering a tree???)
Also, some of the leaves seem to have little specks of a white
crystalline substance on them -- it kind of looks like rock salt. Is
that a sign of an insect problem? Thank you for any information.
-john

Try power hosing the entire tree every few days. This aids in
controlling them. I also recommend spraying with a general purpose
pesticide once a week for two to three weeks.

The description is not very clear. What do you think 'they' are? It is an
idea to find out what you are dealing with before spraying.

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their
protection against democracy