Old 07-04-2015, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frogspawn

"Janet" wrote in message

First frogspawn of the year here; it appeared in the pond yesterday.
I think its rather late but we've had a chilly spell.

Did you see Springwatch one off programme the other day? They were talking
about frogspawn dates and how it's all over now. You might be able to see
it on iPlayer.
Yours are certainly very late. Hope it makes no difference to the outcome.
It probably won't: I'm sure the frogs are not stupid where you live.
I would love to have a pond. Unfortunately I have too many trees planted by
previous occupants in my long narrow garden so it would be full of leaves
every autumn.

I'm girding my loins to get a tree surgeon in. Some trees have to come out
but I keep putting it off. I don't like the groan a tree makes when it
falls.

Tina