Old 04-04-2015, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frogspawn

First frogspawn of the year here; it appeared in the pond yesterday.
I think its rather late but we've had a chilly spell.

Janet (Isle of Arran)
Old 07-04-2015, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote in message

First frogspawn of the year here; it appeared in the pond yesterday.
I think its rather late but we've had a chilly spell.

Did you see Springwatch one off programme the other day? They were talking
about frogspawn dates and how it's all over now. You might be able to see
it on iPlayer.
Yours are certainly very late. Hope it makes no difference to the outcome.
It probably won't: I'm sure the frogs are not stupid where you live.
I would love to have a pond. Unfortunately I have too many trees planted by
previous occupants in my long narrow garden so it would be full of leaves
every autumn.

I'm girding my loins to get a tree surgeon in. Some trees have to come out
but I keep putting it off. I don't like the groan a tree makes when it
falls.

Tina

Old 09-04-2015, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/04/2015 22:37, Christina Websell wrote:
Did you see Springwatch one off programme the other day? They were talking
about frogspawn dates and how it's all over now.

Having had our first few turn up a couple of weeks back, then it went
all quiet. This week with the warm weather it's been mass orgy time in
the pond.

Andy

frogspawn cineman United Kingdom 0 04-03-2009 10:07 PM
Slightly OT Frogspawn Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 5 01-04-2006 09:20 PM
NOT frogspawn - what is it? Yabbadoo Ponds 12 11-04-2005 07:28 PM
Frogspawn and cats?! mike. buckley United Kingdom 10 29-03-2004 11:32 PM
frogspawn Kay Easton United Kingdom 12 21-03-2004 04:17 AM