Old 10-04-2015, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A news article????

On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 15:41:13 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , says...

I know what I think about it...

yes Bob, and manure is terribly dangerous too :-)

Imagine going to the doctor and getting antibiotics every time you got a
tick... Lyme is not that common in the UK, or here in France. Ticks on
the other hand, we get bitten by hundreds every year, not to mention
those the animals bring in.

Though Lyme is very dangerous, for certain, but there's no point in
panicking about everything! My friend in Boston (USA) lost a kidney to
it, and my sister-in-law, also from the US, had quite a bad case although
with no permanent damage. Of course she ignored the "bulls-eye" rash,
which was not very clever.

The article was just looking for things to worry about, you can get a
tick as easily walking through a field as gardening.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy