Old 12-04-2015, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Pheasant Acre Plants

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone else had a problem with these people?

We and a friend both ordered the same 4 varieties of Gladioli from them
in 2013 for delivery spring 2014. One of the varieties was Cream
Perfection. When they grew they were decidedly dark pink, certainly not
the clear cream we wanted. We both complained and were told the correct
corms would be dispatched this spring. I asked them about it three weeks
ago and they assured me they would be despatched the following week, but
still no Cream Perfection.

What they sent was excellent quality but they seem unable to correct
their error.

I wonder if they grow their own or like so many buy them in from Holland,
if the latter then the fault probably rests with their suppliers.

May well be but whilst I can forgive anyone a mistake what I can't forgive
is not sorting it out asap. Those of us that got the wrong corms should have
been sorted out before anything else this season. Then to promise something
and it does not happen, twice, just compounds the problem.

Before I retired I always said a customer treated right after a mistake was
your best advertisement. Treat them wrong and they will tell at least 50
people of your incompetence.

After posting about this on Twitter and Facebook today they asked for my
address and promised to send the correct corms, that's the third time we
have had that promise so has it any meaning?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.