Old 12-04-2015, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pheasant Acre Plants

Anyone else had a problem with these people?

We and a friend both ordered the same 4 varieties of Gladioli from them in
2013 for delivery spring 2014. One of the varieties was Cream Perfection.
When they grew they were decidedly dark pink, certainly not the clear cream
we wanted. We both complained and were told the correct corms would be
dispatched this spring. I asked them about it three weeks ago and they
assured me they would be despatched the following week, but still no Cream
Perfection.

What they sent was excellent quality but they seem unable to correct their
error.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 12-04-2015, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/04/2015 13:48, Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone else had a problem with these people?

We and a friend both ordered the same 4 varieties of Gladioli from them
in 2013 for delivery spring 2014. One of the varieties was Cream
Perfection. When they grew they were decidedly dark pink, certainly not
the clear cream we wanted. We both complained and were told the correct
corms would be dispatched this spring. I asked them about it three weeks
ago and they assured me they would be despatched the following week, but
still no Cream Perfection.

What they sent was excellent quality but they seem unable to correct
their error.

I wonder if they grow their own or like so many buy them in from
Holland, if the latter then the fault probably rests with their suppliers.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone else had a problem with these people?

We and a friend both ordered the same 4 varieties of Gladioli from them
in 2013 for delivery spring 2014. One of the varieties was Cream
Perfection. When they grew they were decidedly dark pink, certainly not
the clear cream we wanted. We both complained and were told the correct
corms would be dispatched this spring. I asked them about it three weeks
ago and they assured me they would be despatched the following week, but
still no Cream Perfection.

What they sent was excellent quality but they seem unable to correct
their error.

I wonder if they grow their own or like so many buy them in from Holland,
if the latter then the fault probably rests with their suppliers.

May well be but whilst I can forgive anyone a mistake what I can't forgive
is not sorting it out asap. Those of us that got the wrong corms should have
been sorted out before anything else this season. Then to promise something
and it does not happen, twice, just compounds the problem.

Before I retired I always said a customer treated right after a mistake was
your best advertisement. Treat them wrong and they will tell at least 50
people of your incompetence.

After posting about this on Twitter and Facebook today they asked for my
address and promised to send the correct corms, that's the third time we
have had that promise so has it any meaning?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-04-2015, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 23:02:07 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Different supplier. More positive story?

Ordered a Sorbus cashmiriani duly delivered and planted. Impossible
to know what it was because (a) it was dormant time of year and (b)
the tree was literally an 8ft stick - no side shoots at all.

Next year it becomes clear it's not a cashmiriani. Contact the
nursery who ask for photos and agree it's not what we ordered so next
year another tree turns up (free). This one had some branches but
still at dormant time so we planted it and waited.

You guessed, it wasn't a cashmiriani either. Same rigmarole and so
last autumn tree three arrives. Duly planted and we're waiting to
see what we've got!

We haven't go space for another tree (arguably didn't have space for
the 3rd) and don't really want to demolish any of the others so if
this isn't a cashmiriani we'll just accept we're out of luck!
Old 14-04-2015, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 22:16:32 +0100, Graham Harrison wrote:

We haven't go space for another tree (arguably didn't have space for the
3rd) and don't really want to demolish any of the others so if this
isn't a cashmiriani we'll just accept we're out of luck!

It's a beautiful sorbus and I'd love to grow it, so I wish you luck!

I've had similar experiences with well meaning nurseries who ship the
wrong plant several times. I've concluded that they're all wrongly
labeled and they may not even have the correct plant in stock.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Old 20-04-2015, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Last Tuesday, the 14th at 1.31 pm Pheasant Acre told me on Twitter "cream
perfection posted to you 10 mins ago " I am still waiting for delivery!!!!

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Because every time their name comes up on Twitter I comment about this
incompetence he now says he has twice sent me boxes of the glads I wanted
obviously without either arriving, so I asked if he did the same for the
friend that also got the wrong plants originally and hasn't received
anything despite the same assurances I got originally, again twice.
Now he wants me to phone him with my address!!!

This is a real lesson in how not to treat customers, and especially when you
make a mistake.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 18-05-2015, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Finally today the correct corms arrived in the post, my persistence seems to
have paid off.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"David Hill" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

I have had a long running problem with a dahlia order with this company. Back in October 2014 I ordered dahlia tubers. Failed to arrive as specified in January. Was promised delivery in February. Failed to arrive. Then promised delivery at Easter. Failed to arrive. Have been trying to contact ever since without success. I see the company was awarded a GOLD at Chelsea recently - I assume this wasn't for customer service!!