Old 13-04-2015, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default Plant Identification

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:48:14 +0100, Racquel Darrian
. wrote:

This flowering plant is all over a country park where I work. They have
blue and white flowers.

What is it?

TIA

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...psbowd3ibm.jpg

As the others have said, anemone blanda. Mine have seeded in the
gravel in my front garden. Once you have them, leave them alone and
they will serve you well and pop up year after year. Don't dead-head
if you want them to self seed.
Buy them now, in flower. I would leave them in the pot to flower and
die back, (keep them wtered) then when they are dormant you can plant
the little black corms wherever you want them. Waitrose were selling
some in pots, good value for money but most g.cs have them. Otherwise
buy the corms in the autumn.