Old 07-05-2015, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Heaps under trees - is this an old wives' tale?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message I can confirm that
building soil level around trees kills them and quite quickly, I raised the
level of the bottom of my garden by 3' and an existing sweet chestnut died
within a season, while all the shrubs loved being buried.

Hmmm. That gives me ideas for losing a tree covered by a preservation order!

Mike