Old 14-05-2015, 11:23 PM
MikeH MikeH is offline
Registered User

[QUOTE

I have been trying to find a supplier for this rose in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK supplier or grower or is it known by a Synonym?

I know it as an alba type, I have seen it described as Rosa alba
cymbaefolia, like the other alba's it suckers like mad. I got very cross
with it here and eradicated it (with some difficulty) about 20 years ago[/quote]

Thanks for the information Charlie it seems Alba Maxima and cannabifolia/cymbaefolia are both sports or mutations of R. Alba Semi-Plena.
I have recently acquired R.Alba Maxima so I expect this will be just as badly behaved.
Thanks again for valuable information.