Old 15-05-2015, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Tomatillo question

On 05/15/2015 07:17 AM, Steve Peek wrote:
On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 5:57:44 PM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Because the different varieties taste different.

if you want to keep the seed lines apart you'd
need to not plant them close together but even then
if there are bees about it may not keep things
apart enough over the long term. might depend
upon what the neighbors plant too.

another method is to plant one kind one year and
the other kind the next and then you have your
seed supply for a few years after that which is
separated and you can then plant a mixed garden
and not use any of those seeds for the following
year.

songbird

There could be a problem there. It seems (to me at least)that tomatillos once planted seem to apear year after year.

Hi Steve,

I have a Black Thumb. This wont' be a problem! :-)

-T