Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Unidentified pests on my strawberries !

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:45:42 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

On 6/3/2015 4:06 AM, wendygardener wrote:
Hi,

I have just joined the forum and have a problem with white pests which
are covering the strawberry plants in my polytunnel. I don't know if
they are white fly.

Can anyone please help?
Also, what is the best way to get rid of them?

I hope the photo had uploaded ok?

Thanks
Wendy

|Filename: strawberry pest.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16267|

Looks like white fly to me.

Easy way to tell, though...if many fly away in a swarm when the plant
is disturbed, it is probably whitefly. If they stay put, it is
probably white aphids.

Either way, it is a pain in the butt. I just squirted some Safer on a
few plants over the weekend.

How did you do at the doctor, George?