Old 11-06-2015, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default luring insects into my greenhouse

On 11/06/15 18:10, Michael Uplawski wrote:
Good evening.

It is becoming really dark outside and those waves of thunder come
nearer... I spontaneously decided to skip watering my garden, but to ask
you something, instead.

In our greenhouse, I see bumble bees and all sorts of other insects come
in and some are intelligent enough to find the way out again. There
should though be a little more shuttling activity, in my opinion.

Have you an idea, what could attract more polinisating insects ? I
already try sugared water but cannot claim that anybody were
interested in it.

It might help to put a number of pots of flowering plants, which are
attractive to pollinating insects, by the greenhouse door. After
visiting those plants, they may well be attracted to flowering plants
inside the greenhouse.

--

Jeff