Old 13-06-2015, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Brush!

On 09/06/2015 18:50, Andy Burns wrote:
I didn't prune my Callistemon last autumn, then I decided a couple of
months ago that it was getting a bit too lanky and cut some of the
longer branches back quite heavily, I thought that might annoy it as by
then it had spent effort growing buds on them, but it seems to have
survived, been outside in its tub all winter, in a fairly sheltered corner.

Anyway the first 'brush' opened up today with plenty more to come ...

Where are you, Andy? I've often thought of growing Callistemon,
preferably in the ground, but concerned about frosts and winter weather
*and* my rather heavy London clay. What are your local conditions like
in winter? I have noted that yours is in a pot, by-the-way.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London