Old 18-06-2015, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Courgettes

"Judith in England" wrote

"Christina Websell" wrote:

I sowed some in pots 3 weeks ago, I daren't do it before as it's been so
cold. No result. I got some more seed and sowed 3 more today. 2 all
green
bush and one goldina and they have polythene bags on now. Is it too
late?
Spring gets later and later.

I would say it's OK. I have been late with them in previous years and no
problem. The ones in my garden are doing very little at the moment
either - so
I hope I am correct when I say it is not too late.

I've replanted after a 9th June frost in the past and had a crop so I doubt
it's too late. very little seems to be growing well this year so far anyway.
Probably due to the total lack of rain here coupled with the cool nights.
Watering with a watering can just seems to keep them alive.
I planted our Courgettes out just after Chelsea and they have hardly grown.
Cropped our Garlic last week, the dry weather and rust took it's toll.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.