Old 21-06-2015, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Norrette (Curlew) Norrette (Curlew) is offline

Default ...15 years later

On 21/06/2015 11:34, David Rance wrote:
In message , alan_m
writes

On 21/06/2015 08:07, David Rance wrote:

Yes, I am. What good fun we're having there! Never seen so much
correspondence though it's dropped off quite a bit now. There's only so
much one can get out of a situation, though Demon/Thus/Vodaphone have
done pretty well this time!!!

I gave up on Demon 15 years ago and have had better service from the
ISPs I've used since then. I subsequently ditched Clara on price and
Freedom2Surf because they were taken over by TalkTalk and the service
went downhill, big time, within a day or two. I'm currently with Zen.

When my current subscription with Demon runs out in November I shall
probably order fibre from Zen

I was with Demon for round 8 years but just got fed up with the
endless series of down-times and mistakes they were making. It seems
that nothing has changed in a decade or more. 25 years ago they were
innovators and widely copied by those ISPs who came afterwards but I
get the impression that with being taken over the new owners were only
interested in acquiring the customer data base rather than the ISP
functionality.

And Vodaphone, who own them now, don't even seem interested in keeping
the Demon customers. Whenever anyone asks for a MAC code they get it
with no argument. I've stayed with Demon for twenty years mainly due to
inertia.

David

Inertia here as well. I will eventually switch to fibre, but I'm
concerned that all companies will eventually merge to BT. Still not sure
who to choose.

Norrette
Trying this with Thunderbird and eternal-september - thanks for tips folks.