Old 23-06-2015, 01:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default getting there

one last garden project to finish before i can plant
the area. turned out to be a much larger project when
Ma decided to remove the irises i put in the back half
of the area.

i was able to pace and space everything yesterday to
where i could get some digging done, got the seeds and
sprouts watered (wasn't sure it was actually going to
rain), picked some berries and could take breaks to give
my back a rest in between all of that so i could get it
all done right on time for when the rains did finally
come through.

today looks perfect for digging and leveling what is
left to get done and if that goes quickly i'll get it
planted too. if my back is too ****y then i'll plant
tomorrow.

overall the strawberries are winding down, can't
complain even if it was about half the crop compared
to last season. still plenty for us and a few others
who've come to pick. have jam in the freezer and froze
some crushed berries too -- we'll see how well they
work for a mid-winter shortcake sometime.

with the groundhogs around i'm trying to patrol more
often in the early morning and in the evening to make
sure they aren't getting an easy feast from all of those
fresh bean and other sprouts. we'll see how that goes...

songbird