Old 23-06-2015, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Strimmer/brush cutter for under low trees - is there such a thing?

Bob Hobden wrote:
What I want is a small (but tough) trimmer with wheels, a sort of mini
rotary mower I suppose. Are there any such things out there?

There is the Black & Decker ST5530CM 3 in 1 String Trimmer & City
Mower but that still looks as if the handle can't be hinged down to
get under trees.

This is what you want but I suspect they aren't the prices you want.
http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/brushcutt...owers--Regards.
Bob Hobden.Posted to this Newsgroup from the W of London, UK

Not quite, they don't go flat enough to get under low trees. I have a
scissor bar mower to do the job the above machines do. Does a better
job IMHO too, and no cutting cord to replace.

I want something as light as a 300 or 400 watt strimmer which can lie
flat on the ground and still trim as intended and which has something
to keep it at the right distance from the ground.

--
Chris Green
ยท