Old 03-07-2015, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Brush!

On 02/07/2015 19:17, Andy Burns wrote:
Emery Davis wrote:

I've had C. sieberi growing in the ground for a couple of years now, no
problems but it hasn't flowered yet.

Mine is a Callistemon Laevis,

Thanks for that, Andy. I'll check that one out.

it has had plenty of flowers but each one
seems to last a shorter time than I remember from last year.

I wonder if that is true of only your C.laevis, or if you notice it with
other plants/flowers? The last couple of years, I've noticed that many
of my flowers on many different plants burn out before they've had what
I consider to be their usual season. I have been blaming the searing
temperatures.

It may simply be that Callistemon is one of those plants that loses
vigour as they age or, perhaps, more likely, your flowers are being
pollinated earlier. Do you see lots of pollinating insects in your garden?
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London