Old 05-07-2015, 10:40 PM
katheryn katheryn is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McGaw View Post
:

With that narrow a fenced garden the orientation will be all-important.
Does it actually get enough hours of sunlight (UK weather permitting) to
grow anything sun-loving? Many veggies are very demanding of their light
and you'd be hard pressed to grow tomatoes or any of their Solanum kin
without 6+ hours of good direct sunlight. I managed to grow tomatoes and
cucumbers in Alaska when I lived there -- plenty of daylight but not enough
warmth so I had to resort to fiberglass hot-boxes over two 6 X 6 X 1-foot
raised beds.

You might consider a long strip of raised bed along one side of the strip
if that would allow enough sunlight since that would allow you to put up a
clothes line over the bed and still have access to both bed and line.

Just my two-pence worth...
ty i dont think any veggies this year im going to go down flowers but i want stuff that will last like the clematis , i also love the plant bleeding heart, nearest garden has loads of rosses and pienies