Old 07-07-2015, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cross Pollination

"Judith" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 5 Jul 2015 09:21:36 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message
. ..

I usually grow Sungold tomatoes and Red Rum runner beans.

This year I am growing Sungold and Piccolo tomatoes and Red Rum and
Moonlight
runner beans.

Is it likely that the two different types of tomatoes and the two
different
types of runners will lead to cross-pollination and hence odd tomatoes
and
odd
runner-beans.

PS Before someone says it: I am not concerned that the tomatoes and
runners
will cross-pollinate between them .

Only if you grow any seeds from the mixed plants next year, at that point
you could get anything.

Cheers.

So the answer was yes.