Old 15-07-2015, 06:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
SSF94080 SSF94080 is offline

Default Mushrooms in new sod

I just had my backyard redone and I am attempting to do some gardening (I live in the SF Bay Area). I hope to be able to get some help in this group. I had a small patch of grass put down in my cat enclosure for the cats to go out and play in. If you have cats, you know that they chew on grass. A few days ago several mushrooms sprung up in the grass. I am afraid these may be poisonous and obviously a danger for the cats. I have done some research on the web on mushrooms in new sod and found a lot of info, but nowhere it states whether these mushrooms are poisonous or not. They look like the ones in the picture he
http://www.turfunlimited.com/2014/07...-lawns-health/
I wonder if anyone in this group may know. Thank you in advance!

CL