Old 21-07-2015, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default "Dusty Miller"

"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
On 20/07/2015 23:07, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

A friend told me she had planted a "Dusty Miller" but she didn't have
a label! Her description was greyish leaves and tall with pink
flowers.
I assume the epithet indicates a farinaceous plant. Any ideas?
I guess that name has been applied to many "floury" plants.

Also known as silver ragwort :-

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/s....asp?catID=567

NOT what I was thinking of. What I was thinking of was very much like a
primula

Malcolm

Primula auricular are indeed often known as Dusty Miller

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs