Old 01-08-2015, 11:41 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Paint for garage door?

On 29/07/2015 13:42, Judith wrote:
My garage door has been red for ages but all the neighbours' are white.
It is starting to show its age, and needs repainting; perhaps now is the
time to change the colour and blend in.

What paint should I use to cover the red - are there any special
tricks I should be aware of? It is an up-and-over type.

Use paint made for the material your door is made of. IMO it's worth
paying extra for a professional-grade brand of paint, and following the
preparation instructions.

I did that job 12 years ago, covering sky blue on an elderly metal up-
and-over garage door using a white gloss paint for outdoor metal work.
The paint job outlasted the door, which fell off its mechanism last year
and had to be replaced.

Janet.