Thread: Will it work?
View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 03-08-2015, 07:58 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2008
Default Will it work?

In 2008 the Isle of Wight Council said that Shanklin Theatre would close. A Trust and a 'Friends of Shanklin Theatre' was formed and on April 23rd 2010 we took over the running of Shanklin Theatre. The whole building was neglected and since then a lot of work has been done by the very many volunteers, who in 2012, were awarded 'The Queens Award for Voluntary Services' and we have had visits of Royalty.

One of the things being done is making the place look nice with flowers here there and everywhere, especially on the front and this is where my question comes in. If you look at the photos in

Theatre Balcony Flower Troughs Summer 2015 | Your free online photo album with MyAlbum.co.uk!

you will see troughs of flowers. But some troughs are empty because they come behind the SHANKLIN THEATRE sign.

Question. Could those empty troughs be used as compost bins for the deadheading and weeds. They are concrete and do have a drainage hole in them.

Make our own compost. Layer of weeds flower heads, layer of earth from the other troughs, another layer of weeds etc and build one trough up as the earthy one is emptied then start on that one.

Technical question. My bins at home get compost worms from the soil? Would I have to introduce them to these bins as they are so high off the ground?

(Not really a plug, but if you are visiting the Isle of Wight, put Shanklin Theatre on you programme. You won't be disappointed with the show "Best of the West End) Shanklin Theatre