Old 04-08-2015, 08:18 PM
mike crowe mike crowe is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
On 03/08/15 07:58, mike crowe wrote:

you will see troughs of flowers. But some troughs are empty because they
come behind the SHANKLIN THEATRE sign.

Question. Could those empty troughs be used as compost bins for the
deadheading and weeds. They are concrete and do have a drainage hole in
them.

Any chance of getting some volunteers to lift the troughs onto some
bricks so that the top is at the same height as the sign?

--

Jeff
In actual fact Jeff we don't want the troughs behind the sign used for flowers for two reasons. One, the flowers may flop over and cover the SHANKLIN THEATRE sign and two, access has to be made at the back of the sign right along for maintenance and if they are planted up AND lifted, then access would be impossible. The sign is lit from within!

However, we are doing a 'Wilfred Pickles' and have started the empty trough with a little layer of weeds we took off the other troughs today.

Thanks folks.

.