Old 08-08-2015, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Azalea - repeat blooming

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 10:15:54 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

On 8/5/2015 9:37 AM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 7:01:24 PM UTC-7, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Bought my first Azaleas described as "repeat blooming".

Any experience out there?

TIA

HB

To clarify: Most Azaleas are supposed to bloom only once a year. So I wondered if anyone had planted these "repeat bloomers" or have any info about them.

TIA

HB

My 'Pride of Dorking' bloomed in the spring as usual. It also bloomed
again in July. My 'George Taber' bloomed at the end of winter and then
again in the middle of spring. I think my 'Alaska' and 'Formosa' also
have had two bloom periods in some years. I think this is more a result
of quirky weather than anything else. Note that all four of these
azaleas are evergreen.

Encore and Bloom-a-Thon are specifically bred to re-bloom.