Old 10-08-2015, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] invalid@invalid.invalid is offline

Default weedol vs roundup?

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:21:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I phoned today to
www.lovethegarden.com who told me I should try
weedol, apparently this clears out the weeds but does not harm the
grass lawn.

I think the one I need is "Weedol Gun! Lawn Weedkiller 1L"

Advice, please? Is weedol the "magic bullet", is roundup definitely
not advised, are there other products which could suit?

tvm

My understanding is that they ar both essentially the same chemical but not nearly as effective as older versiosn that have now been banned.

Both kill grass, so if you want ot kill weeds in your lawn you should use SBK which does not kill grass and does not kill all lawn weeds either.

Jonathan

The person I spoke to at "www.lovethegarden.com" specifically said
weedol "kill weeds but not grass".

What is SBK, and where do I buy some?