Old 10-08-2015, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default weedol vs roundup?

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

Personally, with those weeds, which look like Alcanet, I would try to dig
out the long tap root and use a spot weeder on ones I couldn't. You can buy
thick paste like Glyphosate in a tube which sticks to the leaves, warning,
never use if it's going to rain.

I don't think that they are, but the treatment is the same for most
such weeds (i.e. as you say). Most such weeds are fairly resistant
to glyphosate, but few will regrow from below the root base, so you
need only cut under that (which may be 4-6" down!) and remove the top.
That certainly works for alkanet.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.