Old 11-08-2015, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default weedol vs roundup?

On 10/08/2015 22:45, Malcolm Race wrote:
On 10/08/2015 15:13, lid wrote:
We've had a problem for years with weeds in our garden. A couple of
times an allegedly professional gardener has put down weedkiller,
which has not been effective.

Here are some jpgs of the weeds as they are now.

http://cpm86.com/SANY0001.JPG
http://cpm86.com/SANY0002.JPG
http://cpm86.com/SANY0003.JPG
http://cpm86.com/SANY0004.JPG

I've previously tried Round UP which has killed everything, grass and
weeds, yet the weeds still re-emerge a few weeks later.

I phoned today to www.lovethegarden.com who told me I should try
weedol, apparently this clears out the weeds but does not harm the
grass lawn.

I think the one I need is "Weedol Gun! Lawn Weedkiller 1L"

Advice, please? Is weedol the "magic bullet", is roundup definitely
not advised, are there other products which could suit?

tvm

Be careful. I was searcing for Verdone at the weekend and was told that
it had been replaces with Weedol lawn weedkiller.

They are lining themselves up for some very expensive litigation then!

AFAIK The originasl
Weedolis still a kill all weedkiller

Malcolm

Weedol these days seems to be meaningless beyond a brandname.
You can find various formulations labelled "Weedol X".

--
Regards,
Martin Brown