Old 12-08-2015, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fine marker pens for labels?

On 11/08/15 15:55, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Broadback" wrote in message
I recently purchased a pack of 2, they lasted about a week, with hardly any
use, then "dried up", before anyone asks I kept the tops on when not in
use. I would like a recommendation as to where I can obtain a good quality
product please? As an aside what is the best way to remove the old writing
if I wish to reuse a label?
TIA

Soft pencil lasts as long as anything else!

+1

For cleaning off old labels ( only when no room left on either side or
either end) I use a brillo pad.

Janet

+1 also. I would also add that in pots I put the written side against
the side of the pot, and outside I tend to lean the label over with the
writing on the "hidden" side. Sure, I've got to pick up a label to read
it, but it keeps the writing away from the rain and wind. I lasts much
longer than exposed writing.

If you really want something that lasts, use "scratchboard" labels with
a scriber.
http://www.macpennys.co.uk/longLifeLabels.php

--

Jeff