Old 13-08-2015, 12:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Late attack of lupin aphid

Steve Kind wrote:

Hi - My lupins have flowered well this year - I cut off the dead spikes
and got a second flush. More or less finished now, but the remaining
foliage and some new growth from the flower spikes are being badly
attacked by white lupin aphids - I can't keep up with them by wiping
off. It's August now - would it be OK to just cut the foliage right
back? - I can see new growth at the base and it will be much easier to
keep that aphid-free if all the ragged old stuff wasn't in the way.

Any advice appreciated

where are your Lady Bugs?

songbird