Old 08-09-2015, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Red Rippers

Just had some for lunch ... these were from my garden , and this is the
first time I've tried them . Cooked them in the little crock pot for about 3
hours after an overnight soak . Seasoned with some ham scraps , garlic ,
onion , and salt & pepper. I used too much pepper ...
What *are* Red Rippers you ask ? They're field peas , a member of the bean
family , and a cousin of blacke eyed peas . Much tastier than their cousin
too , IMO . They'll be on my list for next summer fersher !
--
Snag