Old 13-09-2015, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default RHS Wisley Flower Show

On 13/09/2015 16:48, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Went today, got there at about 9.45am and had to park well down the
overflow carpark. Walked into the show and was standing next to an
RHS guy when his intercom blared out "carparks full, moving to the
field (in Wisley village)" which cannot have been later than 10am. If
you are going get there as early as possible for three reasons
1. the carparks fill up quickly
2. By 11.30am the M25 going Wisley way was almost stationary due to
it backing down the motorway from the M25/A3 roundabout.
3. The A3 was stationary going towards Wisley.
Alternatively leave it 'till it's late (but then you get mixed up
with the rush hour)

Even without something special going on its incredible the amount of
vehicles by 10am , we go in mid Oct on our way back from holiday and
the car parks are all but full before lunch.

And they are always pleading for donations. Where does all that money go
one wonders?

I expect that most of them were RHS members so not paying