Old 10-09-2015, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default RHS Wisley Flower Show

Went today, got there at about 9.45am and had to park well down the overflow
carpark. Walked into the show and was standing next to an RHS guy when his
intercom blared out "carparks full, moving to the field (in Wisley village)"
which cannot have been later than 10am. If you are going get there as early
as possible for three reasons
1. the carparks fill up quickly
2. By 11.30am the M25 going Wisley way was almost stationary due to it
backing down the motorway from the M25/A3 roundabout.
3. The A3 was stationary going towards Wisley.
Alternatively leave it 'till it's late (but then you get mixed up with the
rush hour)

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 13-09-2015, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Went today, got there at about 9.45am and had to park well down the
overflow carpark. Walked into the show and was standing next to an RHS guy
when his intercom blared out "carparks full, moving to the field (in
Wisley village)" which cannot have been later than 10am. If you are going
get there as early as possible for three reasons
1. the carparks fill up quickly
2. By 11.30am the M25 going Wisley way was almost stationary due to it
backing down the motorway from the M25/A3 roundabout.
3. The A3 was stationary going towards Wisley.
Alternatively leave it 'till it's late (but then you get mixed up with the
rush hour)

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Even without something special going on its incredible the amount of
vehicles by 10am , we go in mid Oct on our way back from holiday and the car
parks are all but full before lunch.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 13-09-2015, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Went today, got there at about 9.45am and had to park well down the
overflow carpark. Walked into the show and was standing next to an RHS
guy when his intercom blared out "carparks full, moving to the field (in
Wisley village)" which cannot have been later than 10am. If you are going
get there as early as possible for three reasons
1. the carparks fill up quickly
2. By 11.30am the M25 going Wisley way was almost stationary due to it
backing down the motorway from the M25/A3 roundabout.
3. The A3 was stationary going towards Wisley.
Alternatively leave it 'till it's late (but then you get mixed up with
the rush hour)

Even without something special going on its incredible the amount of
vehicles by 10am , we go in mid Oct on our way back from holiday and the
car parks are all but full before lunch.

And they are always pleading for donations. Where does all that money go one
wonders?

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 13-09-2015, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
[...]

I expect that most of them were RHS members so not paying

Old 13-09-2015, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/09/2015 21:15, David Hill wrote:

I expect that most of them were RHS members so not paying

Only £40+ per annum for free entry?

Old 13-09-2015, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/09/2015 22:26, alan_m wrote:
On 13/09/2015 21:15, David Hill wrote:

I expect that most of them were RHS members so not paying

Only £40+ per annum for free entry?

and a lot more besides.
Old 14-09-2015, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

alan_m wrote:
, David Hill wrote:

I expect that most of them were RHS members so not paying

Only £40+ per annum for free entry?

and a lot more besides.

£60 for a couple. But they have downgraded it to only being able to take one
family member with you, it used to be two friends (one each member) and we
haven't changed our membership to the new version because of that. Monthly
"The Garden" magazine is a good read too. However RHS Wisley is always busy,
more so if the sun shines.

I also suspect, indeed hope, they are going to get aggravation regarding
their Flower Show and the serious traffic problems it causes on the A3 and
M25 where both were virtually stationary.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.