Old 14-10-2015, 03:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Orange split

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:33:25 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 12:29:55 PM UTC-7, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:58:38 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon
wrote:

One of the oranges on my Dwarf Washington has split. Contents revealed about
2" wide.

I can't upload pic because something's wrong on computer.

Did this ever happen to NG member?

Is it safe to let it keep on maturing?

Alternative?

Normally (hah!) oranges ripen about January; maybe this year a little sooner?
Who knows - climate has gone beserk. This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

HB

http://homeorchard.ucdavis.edu/8038.pdf

Thanks to all who replied.

The above site has been particularly useful.

HB

Always happy to help, and if it is something I do not know myself
(that covers a *LOT* of stuff!), my instinct is to find an extension
service or university ag department in my immediate area that is
familiar with local plantings and problems.

These sources are generally sources of excellent diagnostics and
proven remedies. The only drawbacks are that often Big Ag is supported
answers may be geared to professional growers, rather than home
gardeners.