Old 24-10-2015, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default What to do about overwintering cuttings

On 24/10/2015 19:40, Phil L wrote:
I've read various websites, including Divingbrit's website about fuschias,
but they only mention overwintering established plants, these are cuttings
that I took about 5 weeks ago, most have established roots but about a dozen
of them don't as yet, and they don't appear to be doing too well.

I wouldn't bother about losing a few but all the ones that are struggling a
bit are from one variety that I'd rather have at least a couple of survivors
for next spring.

I've got an unheated greenhouse, which is where I've put all the adult
plants and the cuttings, but i can easily bring some / most / all in the
house if anyone advises it.
So what I'm asking is, will these cuttings survive in an unheated GH or
should I bring them indoors at least until they've rooted properly?

http://www.jwjonline.net/fuchsia_cuttings.php

This was the website that mentioned taking cuttings at this time of year but
it doesn't mention where to put them

Take a look at the link below, Phil. There's a lot about overwintering;
albeit it is about rooted cuttings and plants, but it expressly says
they shouldn't be brought into the house where it would be too warm.
Because some of yours have no roots, I would think this is doubly
important. Just keep them frost free and barely moist. Good luck.

http://www.fuchsiaflower.co.uk/overwintering.htm

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London