Old 25-10-2015, 07:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Dog Doo problem

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 10:07:20 AM UTC-7, David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/25/2015 9:36 AM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Dog leaving smallish black doodoo in same area for years.
Dunno how he/she/it gets in.

Area is not planted, no grass, can be treated mean.

At this site various homemade repellents are described:

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plan...-repellent.htm

*******Would Hon. Members give feedback on what has
worked for them? Before I lose my momentum g

Yes, I can buy commercial repellent, but one of the
sites says that capsicum (sp?) is the main ingredient
in some repellents.

Note also that there is no problem re-applying after
rain BECAUSE THERE IS NO EFFING RAIN!!!

HB

I am seeing a similar problem in my back yard. Because of fences,
walls, and a gate with only 2 inches of clearance from a concrete walk,
no dogs are responsible. I suspect a raccoon, against which a large
Havahart trap would likely be effective. I suspect the usual scented
repellents will not be effective since raccoons are omniverous.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Thanks. This is definitely dog doo. He/she/it has been frequenting area for some time. I want to put an end to it. Link I posted mentions home remedies.

****Wondered if anybody can recommend an effective home made repellent.

(I HAVE had raccoon problems (also possums), coming in cat door. Just ordered an electronic cat door which will be programmed to the cat's chip.

Ironically, my cat, who is supposed to be taking prednisone for an intestinal
cancer, is so spooked by the medicating process that he hates me; has just about moved out. So hope I can catch him to program the new door.