Old 28-10-2015, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Dog Doo problem

On 2015-10-28 02:15:11 +0000, Hypatia Nachshon said:

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 7:28:23 AM UTC-7, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 10/25/2015 11:36 AM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Dog leaving smallish black doodoo in same area for years.
Dunno how he/she/it gets in.

If it's black, odds are it's raccoon scat. But if you're quite sure
that it is a dog, contact your local animal control and see if they'll
loan you a Haveahart trap. Trap the dog, then call animal control.

I wish!!! Years ago our local animal shelter stopped lending humane traps.
To buy one is very expensive, so I will have to do as some suggested:
block access. At the moment, there is space enough under the driveway
gate for a
small critter to squeeze through. No other way for an animal to gain access.
So I will fill in the space by nailing up chicken wire and monitor if
the doo-doo don't do no mo'.

I don't know how in the past huge raccoons got in; they did terrorize us by
coming in the cat door and ***ing up his food dish and water fountain.
(I suppose most gardeners know that raccoons have no salivary glands?
so they have to wash their food in water? At least that's what I was
told...)

Seems odd that some domestic or even wild animal would be compelled to
repeatedly overcome barriers to take a dump in that spot other than
raccoons, which tend to do so.

Is there a tree with branches directly above the deposit site? If so,
try breaking up one of the turds and see if it is full of tiny animal
bones. The reason I ask is that perhaps you are finding owl pellets.
Just a suggestion.