Old 16-11-2015, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Buttercups

On 13/11/2015 21:16, Roger Tonkin wrote:

However there is one patch that has been over run with
buttercups, and I'm not sure if turning them upside down will
destory them.

Does any one know?

I doubt it will do much more than inconvenience them. But at least they
won't be seeing the light any more this year if under the soil.

They are only shallow rooted and interconnected by runners so you can
rip them out fairly quickly after loosening the soil.

They are pretty resistent to glyphosate so you need to use a broadleaf
specific weedkiller (though it is probably to late now this year).
Whenever I have reclaimed scrubland the buttercups, ivy and holly
seedlings are all notable survivors.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown