Old 24-11-2015, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Automatic watering systems

In message , Malcolm Race
writes
Anyone with experience of the Hozelock system?

I have an outside tap at the back of the house and 3 half baskets at
the front. To avoid a run of the larger (13mm?) pipe I would like to
do most of the run in the narrower pipe which, although it is black, I
could hide more easily against the join between the white soffit and
the brick wall.

I am havig problems locating the appropriate kits in garden centres as
apparently Hozelock are revising their product range and the garden
centres only have what is left of the old range. Timing is important
as this is meant to be a Christmas present from my daughter.

Any thoughts

The stuff, and compatible stuff is easily available on line. eg
Garden4less or Ebay. I can't say if a long run of micro tube will
supple enough water for the baskets.

Personally I prefer the Tropf blomat system - uses ceramic probes to
sense the dampness of the soil and let water our of the valve. No need
for timers (which IME, esp if they are hozelock, fail), not over
watering when the weather cool/damp.

http://www.twowests.co.uk/category/p...umat-watering-
systems
--