Old 26-11-2015, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Sheffield Park Garden autumn colour.

"Spider" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

Only just seen this. Amazing images, Bob, loved them. Not just good pics
well taken, but you obviously have a keen eye for framing a view to get the
most from it. Have you ever done this professionally?

It's years since we went there, so we're overdue a visit. Probably have to
be next autumn now to catch those colours, but worth the wait.

Very nice comments, thanks. I must admit I try not to use any "tools" to
improve an image and try to take the photo right in the first place.
Regarding framing, like painters, the "Rule of thirds" is important in any
picture.
As for being professional, well I did work as a darkroom boy during my last
two years at school and all that taught me is that the chemicals hurt if you
have a cut, and you don't want a sunny day for wedding photos if the bride
wants the white lace on her white dress to show up.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.