Old 03-11-2015, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sheffield Park Garden autumn colour.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK
Old 03-11-2015, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W.of London. UK

Looking lovely Bob

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 04-11-2015, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/11/2015 23:08, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W.of London. UK

Looking lovely Bob

Outstanding, looks just like my garden, not.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:02:07 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Superb, Bob. Thanks for sharing. Aren't you lucky to be able to get
there!.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

Superb, Bob. Thanks for sharing. Aren't you lucky to be able to get
there!.

It was our third attempt to get there, the other two times cars going there
have been queued up along the road and we have turned round and gone
elsewhere. Must remember to stay at home during school holidays.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 26-11-2015, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/11/2015 18:02, Bob Hobden wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W.of London. UK

Only just seen this. Amazing images, Bob, loved them. Not just good
pics well taken, but you obviously have a keen eye for framing a view to
get the most from it. Have you ever done this professionally?

It's years since we went there, so we're overdue a visit. Probably have
to be next autumn now to catch those colours, but worth the wait.

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London
Old 26-11-2015, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

Only just seen this. Amazing images, Bob, loved them. Not just good pics
well taken, but you obviously have a keen eye for framing a view to get the
most from it. Have you ever done this professionally?

It's years since we went there, so we're overdue a visit. Probably have to
be next autumn now to catch those colours, but worth the wait.

Very nice comments, thanks. I must admit I try not to use any "tools" to
improve an image and try to take the photo right in the first place.
Regarding framing, like painters, the "Rule of thirds" is important in any
picture.
As for being professional, well I did work as a darkroom boy during my last
two years at school and all that taught me is that the chemicals hurt if you
have a cut, and you don't want a sunny day for wedding photos if the bride
wants the white lace on her white dress to show up.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 28-11-2015, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/11/2015 23:01, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Spider" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57658452791303

Only just seen this. Amazing images, Bob, loved them. Not just good
pics well taken, but you obviously have a keen eye for framing a view
to get the most from it. Have you ever done this professionally?

It's years since we went there, so we're overdue a visit. Probably
have to be next autumn now to catch those colours, but worth the wait.

Very nice comments, thanks. I must admit I try not to use any "tools" to
improve an image and try to take the photo right in the first place.
Regarding framing, like painters, the "Rule of thirds" is important in
any picture.

Both good rules, which explains your success. I'm far too critical when
I have a camera in my hand and often take nothing when I probably ought
to practice more. Mind you, I've taken a few that I'm pleased with.

As for being professional, well I did work as a darkroom boy during my
last two years at school and all that taught me is that the chemicals
hurt if you have a cut, and you don't want a sunny day for wedding
photos if the bride wants the white lace on her white dress to show up.

:~)) Everything seems to hurt when you have a cut!

I wouldn't dare attempt wedding photos, except for my personal use. I
was very lucky with my wedding photos - I got just the right weather
*and* an excellent lady photographer who went on to take 'serious' pics,
such as Margaret Thatcher, an assortment of bishops and other notables.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London