Old 01-12-2015, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Automatic watering systems

On 17/11/2015 16:18, Malcolm Race wrote:

Anyone with experience of the Hozelock system?

Yes. It works well enough. How far you can run the thin pipe and ge a
decnt flow rate I don't know. Their timer valve worked well for me.

I have an outside tap at the back of the house and 3 half baskets at the
front. To avoid a run of the larger (13mm?) pipe I would like to do
most of the run in the narrower pipe which, although it is black, I
could hide more easily against the join between the white soffit and the
brick wall.

You may need to arrange the baskets so that the one needing least water
is at the far end. I was using pumped rainwater so the main problem I
had was mosquito larvae jamming the drip jets. Ulimately solve by a pair
of old ladies tights over the pump inlet. Mains water should be OK.

I am havig problems locating the appropriate kits in garden centres as
apparently Hozelock are revising their product range and the garden
centres only have what is left of the old range. Timing is important as
this is meant to be a Christmas present from my daughter.

Any thoughts

Buy enough to be able to do everything you want. Chances are they will
change the dimensions so as to obsolete all existing installations

--
Regards,
Martin Brown