Old 11-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Doghouse Riley's Avatar
Doghouse Riley Doghouse Riley is offline
Registered User

I've two systems.

A leaky hose system which waters the full run of the main border from the side of the patio next to the house, right to the back left hand corner of the garden and across the rear bed up to the side of our tea-house.
The run is split into three, controlled by two hozelock valves, so I can water any combination or all of the three sections.

Then I've a sprinkler system for the lawn. I bought the heads on e-Bay for about £7 each. As it's only on mains pressure, I've only two heads. They cope with the whole lawn. The pipework is speed-fit and an old central heating boiler valve. Total cost around £50. It was easy to install. Just "V" shape wedges cut out of the lawn to intall the pipework about 6" below the lawn, then replaced, the scar disappeared within a couple of weeks. It was important to get the supply equidistant between the two heads, to balance the pressure.

This was the "dry run," (well..wet run) to see if it would work! The pipe was buried under the path.

You can the supply coming across the path to the furthest head but then follows its supply pipe down to a point midway between the two heads where it is joined to the two supplies by a tee-joint. It only took half a day to install including digging up the York Stone path and re-cementing it to get the pipe under it.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psmzr6t981.jpg

This it working. The supply comes from the feed from the house to the garage. You can adjust the heads to have a blanked out quadrant from about 10 degrres. I've one that size where I turn it on so I don't get wet. a 90 degree blanked off quadrant, stops the tea-house getting watered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIx72a66TfY
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners!
I don't like 'em myself! They're pretty bad.
I grieve over them on long winter evenings."