Old 17-12-2015, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Snowdrops

On 16/12/2015 22:49, News wrote:
In message , Christina Websell
writes
"News" wrote in message

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier
this
year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up half an
inch, here in Aberdeenshire.

they shouldn't be up yet. Never had them up until january.

Rhubarb is up, too - as I discovered when the six inches of snow which
arrived Sunday/Monday melted :-)

Yep. Same here in North Yorkshire.
Looks like unforced rhubarb will be on the Xmas menu this year.

Sap is rising again in the apple & pear trees too!

This could ruin next years apple crop since ISTR they need a certain
minimum number of cold winter days to set fruit properly.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown