Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snowdrops

are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages. They
still think they in are Germany.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
writes
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages. They
still think they in are Germany.

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier
this year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up
half an inch, here in Aberdeenshire.
--
Graeme
Old 14-12-2015, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/12/2015 07:55, News wrote:
In message , Christina Websell
writes
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages.
They
still think they in are Germany.

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier
this year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up
half an inch, here in Aberdeenshire.

To my surprise so are the daffodils (although they got a nasty shock
with the snow lying and hard frost this last weekend).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 14-12-2015, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin Brown
writes
On 10/12/2015 07:55, News wrote:

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier
this year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up
half an inch, here in Aberdeenshire.

To my surprise so are the daffodils (although they got a nasty shock
with the snow lying and hard frost this last weekend).

Cannot see snowdrops or daffs today, because six inches of snow fell
last night :-)
--
Graeme, Aberdeenshire
Old 14-12-2015, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages. They
still think they in are Germany.

So are the ones I planted late as bulbs, yes I know they are best plated in
the green, but they were half price so I took a chance.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 16-12-2015, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"News" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
writes
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages. They
still think they in are Germany.

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier this
year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up half an
inch, here in Aberdeenshire.
--

they shouldn't be up yet. Never had them up until january.

Old 16-12-2015, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"News" wrote in message

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier this
year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up half an
inch, here in Aberdeenshire.

they shouldn't be up yet. Never had them up until january.

Rhubarb is up, too - as I discovered when the six inches of snow which
arrived Sunday/Monday melted :-)
--
Graeme
Old 17-12-2015, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"News" wrote in message

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier
this
year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up half an
inch, here in Aberdeenshire.

they shouldn't be up yet. Never had them up until january.

Rhubarb is up, too - as I discovered when the six inches of snow which
arrived Sunday/Monday melted :-)

Yep. Same here in North Yorkshire.
Looks like unforced rhubarb will be on the Xmas menu this year.

Sap is rising again in the apple & pear trees too!

This could ruin next years apple crop since ISTR they need a certain
minimum number of cold winter days to set fruit properly.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 18-12-2015, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin Brown wrote:

Sap is rising again in the apple & pear trees too!

I noticed yesterday that Willow trees nearby are already showing
a green cast as their leaves begin to appear.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 19-12-2015, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Chris J Dixon
writes
Martin Brown wrote:

Sap is rising again in the apple & pear trees too!

I noticed yesterday that Willow trees nearby are already showing
a green cast as their leaves begin to appear.

Received a photo from my brother in Saffron Walden this morning. His
daffs are in full flower and looking lovely.
--
Graeme

Old 27-12-2015, 01:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"News" wrote in message
In message , Chris J Dixon
writes
Martin Brown wrote:

Sap is rising again in the apple & pear trees too!

I noticed yesterday that Willow trees nearby are already showing
a green cast as their leaves begin to appear.

Received a photo from my brother in Saffron Walden this morning. His
daffs are in full flower and looking lovely.
--

Bluebells are up 3 inches here now.

Graeme

Old 27-12-2015, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"News" wrote in message

Received a photo from my brother in Saffron Walden this morning. His
daffs are in full flower and looking lovely.

Bluebells are up 3 inches here now.

Hmm. Just checked snowdrops and rhubarb, and both are happily poking
through the snow :-)
--
Graeme, Aberdeenshire
Old 30-12-2015, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wednesday, 9 December 2015 00:01:13 UTC, Christina Websell wrote:
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages. They
still think they in are Germany.

Not my garden, but I found this :
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4757636

Daffs in december!
Old 30-12-2015, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/12/2015 00:01, Christina Websell wrote:
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages. They
still think they in are Germany.

First one out here in East Yorkshire 27th December

---

Old 30-12-2015, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 10:06:51 -0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 10/12/2015 07:55, News wrote:
In message , Christina Websell
writes
are up half an inch! German double ones will not poke up for ages.
They
still think they in are Germany.

That prompted me to look at my snowdrops which were relocated earlier
this year, and are still sitting in a 'temporary' plastic trough. Up
half an inch, here in Aberdeenshire.

To my surprise so are the daffodils (although they got a nasty shock
with the snow lying and hard frost this last weekend).

Frost? Where do you live? It's 12C at NIGHT here in central Scotland.

--
Dear Diary,
I've had this odd feeling for a little while. It's a surrealistically subconscious feeling that I was abducted by aliens and thoroughly probed.

when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops Cavalier United Kingdom 21 05-02-2003 12:57 PM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM