Old 11-01-2016, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default speed queen loud and leaking: new or repair

On 1/11/2016 1:06 AM, T wrote:
On 01/09/2016 04:57 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 1/9/2016 6:08 PM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

I would replace it, not worth the $$$ to repair. Remind me to tell
y'all
about the time I glued a washing machine tub to my knee while I was
replacing the teflon parts that maintained the spin.
I'd be more interested in readng how you unglued tub from knee....

A little rubbing alcohol and a quick yank does the trick. It helps if
you have a good vocabulary of curse words. After all I was once upon a
time a sailor. G

Hi George,

I was Air Force. Didn't swear hardly at all before that. Now
can't stop, but got it about 80% better.

-T

The idea that no gentleman ever swears is all wrong. He can
swear and still be a gentleman if he does it in a nice and
benevolent and affectionate way.

--Mark Twain - Private and Public Morals speech, 1906

I came from a long line of people who called it what it was, usually
with curse words, learned at my mother's knee, Dad didn't curse much. I
learned a lot of new curse words in boot camp, usually aimed at my
family line. G Then 47 years in the oil patch didn't help matters. I
have learned not to aim curses at my great grandchildren nor at people
larger and quicker than I am, which is the majority of the world. The
Navy and I parted 54 years ago, I don't miss them and they don't miss
me, we're even.

Making a small batch of kumquat marmalade today and chopping sweet
chile's again. The damned plants are almost a year old now and still
going, so are the eggplants. I'm seriously considering planticide just
to get rid of them. I think my wife is a food hoarder.