Old 19-01-2016, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Replacing a tree

"P. Alves" wrote...

Walnut is an option. I am not going for oak as I already have a couple.

So far, the options a
- Orange/clementine tree
- Mango (will need protection for the first few years) Not a favourite as
it is not native.
- Wallnut
- Almond (Although I think roots are quite bad for the well)
- Chestnut

I kind of like the idea of some sort of nut tree.

How about...
Mirabelle plum (very popular in France, stunning for cooking and jam)
Albizia julibrissin "Rosea' (One of my favourites which is why I have one
here from seed)
If you have oranges how about a Tahiti Lime.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.