Old 26-01-2016, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default Our strange winter

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:36:15 +0000, Malcolm Race
wrote:

I have followed, with interest, the reports of unusual growth and
flowering of plants.

I live in Fareham (between Portsmouth and Southampton) close to the
coast and although daffodils (of various species) have been flowering
since befor Christmas, the few snowdrops which I have (in the same bed
as the daffodils) have just started flowering at around the time I would
expect. The aspect of the bed is on a gentle east facing slope but in
the middkle of a housing estate. The soil is cla/builders rubbis.

This is juse an observation to contribute to the apparently strange
behaviour of plants this winter.

Malcolm

Same here in Cheshire. We had a bunch of dafs flower early but the
snowdrops have just flowered. Perhaps the snowdrops have a better
clock that is not locked to the weather.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com